APPOINTMENTS To join any of our groups or for further information on packages please call:
|T: 5671 9200
T: 5671 3500
T: 5951 2100
Bass Coast Community Health Service has one station wagon for providing medical transport. The vehicle is based at San Remo and driven by a dedicated, friendly team of volunteers. Clients are picked up at their homes and driven to their appointments. Often more than one client will be transported in the vehicle which may mean waiting periods while others are at their appointments.
- Are unable to access suitable public transport, and/or live in an area that is remote from public transport;
- Are unable to drive or be driven to appointments by family/friends;
- Cannot afford a taxi;
- Are not eligible for alternative transport schemes (such as Ambulance Patient Transport or DVA transport);
- Are able to get into and out of a domestic passenger vehicle with minimal assistance, sit safely and travel for long distances/times;
- Require no medical treatment or monitoring during transit; and
- Are able to walk unassisted, or negotiate at least two steps with the help of a walking frame or stick.
- Residents from Phillip Island and the areas between the Island and Melbourne have first call on the service. Residents from other areas of Bass Coast may use the service when other transport options are not available.
People requiring transport should phone 5671 9222 as soon as the appointment details are known. Callers will be advised if transport is available at that time. A reminder call will be made in the week before the appointment date.
Please have your appointment details ready including the address of your destination as our friendly staff will need this information.